Thursday, June 12, 2008

More "Erring on the side of caution"?

The following first-hand account was posted by someone visiting a Dickson City business today:
I was in Joanne Fabric today out of total desperation for something and I asked the ladies if they were DC or Scranton. They told me they pay taxes to Scranton, but are in DC. I asked if they were questioned about -- I didn't even finish my question and they had a response.

Their policy is that customers are allowed to "have a gun" but that employees are not. They also told me that the manager told them that, if there was any kind of problem with someone carrying a gun, that they were to call the police and not mention anything about a gun because, if a gun is mentioned, the DC police are not coming. I made my $3.00 purchase and left.

I went back into the store and told them that I would shop in their store, unlike most DC businesses.
So much for not tailoring police response based on their allowing legal carry in their establishments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like direct evidence of a conspiracy to deny citizens Second Amendment rights. Who the hell do the police in DC think they are? Didn't they swear an oath to protect and defend the US Constitution?

Yes they did.