Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Nice try Franklin County Commissioners

While in Harrisburg for a day of pro-gun events, I was able to have a conversation with my own state Representative, Todd Rock. Rep. Rock was supportive of my position during the appeal of my LTCF revocation, and went so far as to have his office (I don't know if he did it personally or not) contact Sheriff Wollyung on my behalf.

Anyhow, after expressing his pleasure at the outcome of my case, he told me that the Franklin County Commissioners had written a letter to the Franklin County legislators, urging them to draft and offer legislation prohibiting the carrying of firearms in PA polling places. He told me that they would all be signing a response which will basically say, "No thanks."

I'm not shocked by either the request or the response, but thought I'd share the info since it's probably not something your going to see in the local news rag.

No comments: